Your Valley Forge Chapter has the unique distinction of being the "Home Chapter" within whose boundaries lie the headquarters of the Institutes and Society Since its renaissance in 2010 after being inactive for several years, the Chapter has made great progress in serving our membership.
Our goal is to provide members with a balanced mix of educational programs, networking and social events, and leadership opportunities. Because we are in the process of building our leadership for the future, members who can actively participate in the Chapter can gain management experience much earlier than they might achieve in their work environment. This experience can give you the advantage in your career advancement and burnish your resume.
Among the Chapter's achievements:
- Paid members continue to be able to attend Chapter educational and most social events at no cost - we are one of the few Chapters able to offer this benefit.
- Recipient of the "Gold" Circle of Excellence Award for the past 7 years - 2011 to 2017.
- Consistent good financial stewardship
- Growing membership and retention of existing members
- Attendence by leadership at CPCU conferences on the national and regional level
- Offered a total of 16 CE credits during the year - again, at no-cost to paid members
For 2019, we have a number of events on the drawing board:
- Ethics workshop
- A New Designee Reception for those receiving their designations in 2019
- Two educational events, each offering 8 CE's
- The Iron Pigs Baseball social and networking event on Aug 11 in Allentown, PA - which is highly subsidized by the Chapter
- Diversity and Inclusion workshop
- A volunteer opportunity, allowing members to give back to the communities we serve
- Our Annual Meeting & Holiday event in December - the premier event of the year, not to be missed
In today's competitive employment environment, we need to differentiate ourselves from others to employers and prospective employers. Obtaining the CPCU designation and reaffirming your professional and ethical commitment is a big step towards that. Membership - and active participation if you are able, will take you further in that direction. We look forward to your continued support of your Chapter.
Bob Kuch CPCU
President, Valley Forge CPCU Society Chapter