June 2018 Educational Event - with Bryan Tilden
Presented by internationally-known insurance educator Bryan Tilden:
- Morning session: Leased Properties Exposures - 4 CEU's; Afternoon session: Umbrella & Excess Liability - 4 CEU's, for a total 8 CEU's
- Fees include: continental breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch and course materials
- No cost to Valley Forge CPCU Society Chapter current paid members - nominal cost for others (see registration).
- Approved for state CE credits in: PA, DE, NJ, MD and FL as well as CE for CPCU credit
- The course summaries are as follows:
Leased Properties Exposures
Attendees will learn the elements of a lease agreement as it applies to both individuals and businesses, discuss both personal and real property coverages as they apply to lease agreements, learn the gaps between what the lease requires as payment and what policies will pay in the event of a loss, analyze how improvements and betterments affect the amount of coverage necessary and how losses are settled, examine lease abatement clauses and the commercial insurance solutions available, and discuss holdharmless and exculpatory agreements. Attendees will also review endorsements and policy wording that can modify the loss payment.
Umbrella & Excess Liability: Coverages, Gaps and Solutions
This practical, useful course will help insurance practitioners to determine the best umbrella or excess policy for their needs. Course attendees will analyze the major components of umbrella and excess policies, explore how to avoid major gaps in coverage, and learn how to layer a mixed excess course. Other insurance and horizontal stacking will be discussed. Course materials will include the original 1947 Umberlla Policy.
R. Bryan Tilden, CPCU, CLU, ChFC, founded Tilden and Associates, where he works as a lecturer and an expert witness in the field of insurance. Tilden started his insurance career in 1974 as an account executive and has worked for major brokerage firms on Fortune 100 accounts throughout the United States. He most recently served as director of technical affairs and director of education for the Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina (IIANC).
Valley Forge CPCU Society Chapter
Contact:Bob Kuch CPCU or Karen Sine CPCU